Delhi’s Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple is going to open after almost six months of lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is one of the beautiful and mesmerizing tourist spots in Delhi that attracts people from across the country.
Tourists and devotees have to follow strict pandemic protocols which include wearing a face mask, applying sanitizer, checking body temperature by thermal screening, and maintaining social distancing.
Entry timings will be 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. A beautiful fountain show will commence at 7:15 pm and the gift center, garden, and food court will be opened for visitors. While Abhishek pooja is not happening now.
Akshardham Temple is one of those shrines that leaves its visitors fascinated. Some of the facts about it are:
- It is incorporated with 200 stone figured sculptures of monks, acharyas, and Sages along with 234 carved pillars, 9 domes Gajendra Pith and 20,000 divine Indian statues.
- It is surrounded by Narayan Sarovar which is a mix of 151 lake water of India. There are faces of 108 cows on the sides of the lake along with 3000 feet long Parikrama path.
- There is a beautiful garden with different shapes of lotus. That’s why it is known as the Lotus Garden. It looks like a lotus with quotes from Swami Vivekananda, Martin Luther and Shakespeare engraved.
- There are 10 gates to the temple which represents 10 directions of Vedic Literature.
- It has Yagnapurush Kund which is the largest kund in the world with 108 shrines and 2870 steps towards the kund.
- On the premises, there are green lawns which are called Bharat Upavan.
- The beautiful magical fountain show is the center of attraction of this temple. This reflects the life cycle from birth to death.
- It has a magnificent statue of Lakshmi Narayan of 11 feet along with Radha Krishna, Shiv Parvati, and Ram Sita.
- Sanskritik Vihar is the boat ride every visitor must take. It shows Indian Culture and history to visitors.