Bhutan Trip - The Land of Thunder Dragon
Bhutan is also called “The Land of Dragon” officially Kingdom of Bhutan. The total population of Bhutan around 8 Lakh only and it is one of the cleanest country in South Asia Region. As protecting the environment, around 60% Bhutan covered by the forest. Bhutan is also called most Happy Country in the World. In Bhutan have various places for visit like Tiger Nest Monastery, Punakha Dzong, Paro Valley, Dochula Pass etc.
Dates And Availability
- Visit National Memorial Chorten, School for Arts and Crafts , Trashichhoe Dzong , Simtokha Dzong, National Folk Heritage Museum, Punakha Dzong, Dochula Pass, Taktsang Monastery etc.
- Enjoy night life of Thimpu in Viva City Club
- Awesome view of Dochula Pass, Punakha Dzong and Paro Airport.
- Magnificent view of Tiger Nest Monastery.
- Valid Passport, Voter Id , Driving License Original (with validity of min 6 month)
- Photocopies of all documents (4 to 5 copies of each document)
- Passport size photos (4 to 5 photos)
- Regular clothes
- Woolen/ Sweat Shirts, Gloves, Caps
- Sports shoes
- Slippers or sandles
- Umbrella / Rain Coat
- Sunscreen Lotion, UV Sunglasses, Lip Balm, Moisturizing Cream
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Some dry fruits for instant energy (like almond, raisins, cashews , chocolates etc)
- Small Torch (Optional)
- Your personal belongings (Like Paper soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, comb etc.)
- Medicines (For Headache, fever, vomiting,Stomach ache, cold & cough Syrup), altitude sickness pill (Diamox)
- Extra pair of Camera battery and enough space memory card (Optional)
- Details and itinerary may will be changed depending on trip coordinator
- Please book flight on 19th April’20 (Delhi to Bagdogra, morning flight, you have to reach Bagdogra by 3:00 PM) and 25th April’20 (Bagdogra to Delhi, evening flight, Book your flight schedule after 2:00 PM)
- For a permit, A valid passport or voters card is required for travel to Bhutan and the validity of the documents should be minimum 6 months.
- Carry at least 4 photo of Passport size.
- Some places charges
-Taktsang monastery Entry Fees INR 1000 per person (recently introduced)
-Tashichhodzong entry Fees INR 500 per person (recently introduced)
-Punakha Dzong INR 500 per head.
- Carry Sufficient cash in Bhutan (Due to poor facility of ATM)
- Only Rs 50 and Rs 100 Indian Currency note will be accepted in Bhutan or you can carry ngultrum (Nu), it’s a Bhutanese currency
- You can exchange your currency in your home state or you can also exchange your currency in Pheuentsholing.
- There are not many ATM machines nearby except major cities like Thimphu, where also international ATM/credit cards might or might not work (Do bring MasterCard- not Visa or other credit cards. Banks, ATM’s will not give cash on a Visa credit card in Thimphu or Paro)
About Sim Card:
- You can easily take local temporary Sim card (Valid for 30 days), after permit in a very nominal price approx Rs 200 to 300.
Do’s in Bhutan:
- For entry at the monasteries, it is advisable to avoid shorts and prefer covering full sleeves and long trousers for both men and women
- The greeting in the Bhutanese language Dzongkha for hello is Kuzu Zangpola, and says Tashi Delek for good bye or good luck
- Use right hand while giving or receiving something. Pass the holy sites keeping them on your right side
- Refrain from using hats and sunglasses inside religious places.
- Locals are very sensitive, you may don’t want to sound rude
- Always ask for permission if you are photographing a person
- If you buy any antique item, please take proper valid Bill or Cash Memo. Bhutan has strict rule of regards antique.
Don’ts in Bhutan:
- TOBACCO IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED IN Bhutan. The tourists might use it, but extra care should be taken. Selling or giving tobacco to the locals is also a crime.
- Make sure you take off your footwear before you enter into any religious place
- You are advised to dress discretely and modestly in Bhutan. If you’re visiting any Bhutanese temple (Tsechu), they’d admire you if you wear their national dress gho & kira. Also make some donation to Tsechu.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
3:00 PM : Reach Bagdogra Airport(also called Siliguri Airport, 9 km from Siliguri town), meet our co-ordinator and others fellow travelers, Start our journey to Phuentsholing/Jaigaon around 172 km from Bagdogra Airport by A/C Car/Bus. This route lined up with lush green tea garden.
9:00 PM: Dinner! Overnight stay in the Hotel (Jaigaon / Phuentsholing)
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast, breakfast!
- 8:00 AM: Start permit process at Bhutan Immigration office, (Permit is mandatory for enters heavenly Bhutan), generally it takes 3 to 4 hours.
- 12:00 Noon: Start our journey from Phuentsholing to Thimpu(Around 180 km journey), very beautiful journey via Chukha and Chimakothi (small towns). En route stopping at Kharbandi Gompa (Very beautiful monastery, offers splendid view of Phuentsholing and Indian plains.
- 6:00 PM: Arrive in the heavenly Thimpu (Capital of Bhutan)! Check in the Guest House/ Hotel, Evening free to explore other nearby attractions.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner! Overnight stay in the Hotel/Guest House.
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast, breakfast!
- 8:00 AM: Start our local sightseeing Thimpu by Walk / Vehicle includes National Memorial Chorten, School for Arts and Crafts, Trashichhoe Dzong , Budha Dordenma (Budha Statue at top of the mountain). Proceed for Inner line permit for Punakha at Thimpu.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch, lunch!
- 2:00 PM: Proceed to Punakha (One of the most beautiful valley in the Bhutan), via Dochula Pass at 10,000 ft (between Thimpu to Punakha).
- 5:00 PM: Arrive Punakha/Wangduephodrang!!! Check in the Guest House/ Homestay and get ready for some most famous places in Punakha like Chimi Lhakhang, Khamsum Yueley Namgyal Chorten etc.
- 8:00 PM: Take your dinner. Overnight stay in the Guest House / Homestay.
- 8:00 AM: After breakfast, proceed to most famous and sign of Punakha is Punakha Dzong (“Palace of Great Happiness). It is situated on the confluence of Mo Chu and Pho Chu River. Feel the ultimate experience of punakha suspension bridge.
- 12:00 Noon: Start our journey back to Thimpu from Punakha Valley. En route, obviously, the scenic beauty and singing and laughing. Visit some remaining sightseeing of Thimpu includes National Folk Heritage Museum, National library of Bhutan etc.
- 5:00 PM: Take some rest and explore the local market of Thimpu in the evening. It is also famous for their nightlife, experience nightlife in Vivacity nightclub in Thimpu.
- 9:00 PM: Dinner! Overnight stay in the Hotel/Guest House.
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast!
- 8:00 AM: Start our journey from Thimpu to Paro (another beautiful valley of Bhutan and second major town), around 52 km from Thimpu, enjoy picturesque view of valley.
- 11:00 AM: Reach Paro valley, and start hiking for our most awaited and sigh of Bhutan trip, its Taktsang Monastery (Tiger Nest, one of the famous and most popular place in Bhutan). The trail is broad and 3 hours uphill walk offers the breath-taking views and sceneries.
- 3:00 PM: Start downhill walk & reach Paro, Check in the Guest House/ Hotel.
- 6:00 PM: Evening free to explore beautiful valley on own way. Time for some Pre Departure shopping.
-8:00 PM: Take your dinner. Overnight stay in the Guest House/Hotel.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast, breakfast!
- 9:00 AM: Visit Bear Factory, view point of Paro International Airport, Drukgyel Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang etc.
- 2:00 PM: Bid adieu to Bhutan! Start back journey to Phuentsholing/Jaigaon from Paro. Say bye bye to heavenly Bhutan – The Land of Thunder Dragon.
- 8:00 PM: Reach Phuentsholing/Jaigaon. Check in Hotel and Overnight in Hotel.
- 8:00 AM: Start our back journey to Bagdogra Airport and You can take your respective flight from Bagdogra Airport.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in Bagdogra Airport and the epic trip terminates! But hey, we can always remain in touch!
- Two night Hotel stay in Phuentsholing/Jaigaon in triple sharing basis.
- Both side A/C transportation in Car/Bus from Bagdogra airport to Phuentsholing.
- Two night Hotel/Guest House stay in Thimpu (Capital of Bhutan) in triple sharing basis
- Local sightseeing of Thimpu by walk/ Vehicle includes National Memorial Chorten, School for Arts and Crafts , Trashichhoe Dzong , Simtokha Dzong, National Folk Heritage Museum , National library of Bhutan etc.
- One night Guest House/ Home stay in Punakha/ Wangduephodrang (most beautiful valley of Bhutan) in triple sharing basis.
- Visit Punakha Dzong (situated on the confluence of Mo Chu and Pho Chu river), Dochula Pass at 10,000 ft (between Thimpu to Punakha), Chimi Lhakhang, Khamsum Yueley Namgyal Chorten etc.
- One night Hotel/Guest House stay in Paro (another beautiful valley of Bhutan and second major town) in triple sharing basis.
- Local sightseeing in Paro includes Taktsang Monastery (Tiger Nest, one of the famous and most popular place in Bhutan), Drukgyel Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang etc.
- All transfer from Phuentsholing – Thimpu – Punakha – Paro – Phuentsholing by Coaster bus (Non A/C).
- Eight Meals (4 Dinner & 4 Breakfast)
- Any other meals
- Any other transportation
- Any Entry, Activity and Guide Fee/charges
- Any Permit charges if applicable
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Flight charges (Delhi – Bagdogra – Delhi)
ABOUT US :
GET IN TOUCH
We have realized that working People do not have time to share their feelings with each other. In this busy life, work and smartphones have sucked our life. But, we have taken this responsibility to make sure that you make some lifetime memories.